Paris office - ASAP - Life Sciences Specialist
L.E.K. Life Sciences Specialists have their Ph.D.s in a science field or have graduated/are graduating as an MD/Physician and are from the top programs at leading universities. Life Sciences Specialists are hired for their expertise in the life sciences field, which has proved invaluable to our clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Gathering primary and secondary data on markets, competitors, and customers through database and Internet searches, market research and other commercial reports, internal client data, and telephone and in-person interviews.
- Leveraging scientific background and transferring specific knowledge base to the team in order to develop rigorous solutions to client issues.
- Developing rigorous strategic and financial analysis that will be utilized to determine L.E.K.’s recommendation to the client. Examples include developing a spreadsheet model of market growth and competitor share, developing a valuation model for a company or product using discounted cash flow analysis, testing customer sensitivity to product attributes using adaptive conjoint analysis, or determining probability distributions of acquisition value.
- Collaborating with project team members to derive trends, conclusions, and recommendations based upon the analysis. A Life Sciences Specialist must transform what he or she has learned into thoughtful insights regarding the client’s strategic direction.
- Making L.E.K. an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. This includes coaching colleagues and transferring skills, offering constructive advice, and contributing to the social environment of the office.
L.E.K. does not have a rigid checklist of qualities a potential Life Sciences Specialist must possess. Rather, our recruiting experience has shown that outstanding academic achievement, comfort with quantitative analysis, significant professional experiences, notable extracurricular interests, and demonstrated leadership and initiative are excellent preparation for a position within the Life Sciences Specialist Program at L.E.K. Consulting. Interested applicants should apply online through our website .