Data Analytics Specialist
L.E.K. Consulting is a global strategy consulting firm that uses deep industry expertise and rigorous analysis to help business leaders achieve practical results with real impact. We are uncompromising in our approach to helping our clients to consistently make better strategic decisions, deliver improved business performance and create insights with impact
The firm advises and supports global companies that are leaders in their industries – including the largest private and public sector organisations, private equity firms and emerging entrepreneurial businesses. We specialise in addressing key strategic and operational issues and in providing Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) support. We are experts across a wide range of sectors, including life sciences and healthcare, retail and consumer, financial services, industrials, energy and transportation.
Founded in London in 1983, L.E.K. employs more than 1,400 professionals across Europe, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
L.E.K.’s Data and Analytics team supports case teams in solving a range of analytical problems, enabling L.E.K. to provide clients with the best possible advice. As part of our rapidly growing team, you will be working alongside experienced project teams to develop cutting edge solutions to our clients’ toughest commercial problems.
Our collaborative approach to analytics is unique: our consulting teams leverage a high powered self-service toolkit to build the analysis that underpins our commercial recommendations. As a Data & Analytics Specialist, you will be working alongside these teams by providing guidance, training, and coaching, as well as building solutions to complex business issues.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Advising the project team on analytical approaches, and developing complex analysis.
- Providing coaching and guidance to junior consultants
- Developing and leading technical training sessions across a range of analytics tools and processes
- Taking ownership of research, creation and deployment of analytical techniques as well as identifying modules of analysis from live projects that can be captured and redeployed
- Contributing to L.E.K.’s thought leadership and publications within commercial analytics
You will be joining a growing team with strong senior sponsorship. There are opportunities for fast progression and to significantly shape and define the role in order to match your ambitions.
The role also includes 50 hours a quarter dedicated to your own personal development goals, for which funding and other support is available.
What we are looking for
In addition to technical skills, we are looking for bright and driven people who want to deploy analytics within high-impact commercial contexts, and help others do the same. You should have experience applying Alteryx and Tableau to real world problems, with a desire to develop a high level of mastery of both tools. Any additional experience with other analysis and visualisation tools, programming languages, databases or cloud applications is beneficial, but not essential.
You should have a sense of intellectual curiosity that inspires you to develop and generate innovative answers to complex questions.
We work together in teams, so we look for those who can collaborate and communicate well. We look for those who will make an impact by being proactive and taking ownership of their work with energy and enthusiasm.
Reasons to join L.E.K.
- Global firm spanning multiple sectors
- Opportunity to apply analytics to key commercial problems, usually working with C-suites, investment funds and boards
- Recognised as a cutting-edge Alteryx user, where you will be working with teammates holding Alteryx Expert, Spatial Mastery and Predictive Mastery certifications
- Dedicated time and support for development through both a firm-wide Professional Development programme and a personalised development plan
- Energetic, intelligent and enthusiastic colleagues
- Automatic enrolment into valuable profit sharing scheme
- Range of office and team social events and activities
This opportunity is not part of the L.E.K. Graduate program