Wroclaw – Consultant (3-5 years experienced hire) – 2021 start
The Consultant Role
The Consultant at L.E.K. is the junior project manager and the role offers exposure to multiple industry sub-sectors, types of projects (long term strategy, due diligence, commercial planning, etc) and a wide variety of commercial challenges. This allows you to apply your technical background within the business environment.
Consultants have a high level of responsibility in guiding and managing the case team and working closely with clients to ensure the effective implementation of recommendations.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Identifying the critical issues – Consultants work with Partners and Managers to outline the client’s key business issues that need resolution. L.E.K. Consultants develop the business acumen necessary to quickly identify key client issues early in their career
• Structuring analyses – Once the key issues have been identified, the Consultant typically forms a plan to find the answers to these critical questions. The Consultant will lay out the strategy to the team for finding the information, for instance market growth drivers, competitive profiling, or broad market trends
• Managing the team’s day-to-day activities – L.E.K. hires two Associates for every one Consultant, implying that the management of less experienced colleagues is as much a part of the Consultant role as solving business issues. A significant responsibility of L.E.K. Consultants is the guidance and mentorship of Associates on a day-to-day basis
• Solving the case – Our clients expect high quality, actionable answers to their business problems. L.E.K. Consultants ensure the team is on-track to accurately solve the problem and deliver an answer. Consultants supervise analyses, develop the structure for the final output, provide quality control, and in most cases, participate in the delivery of the case conclusion to the client’s senior management team
• Turning strategy into action: L.E.K. Consultants work closely with senior members of the client organisation to ensure that the strategies are actioned and the impact realised. The Consultant role typically involves facilitating workshops to reach consensus on the approach, the development and rollout of tools to track progress against the key steps and milestones and working collaboratively with the client to ensure successful implementation of the strategic initiatives, incl. responsibility for day-to-day interactions with client project management and core team.
• Working with senior management to implement recommendations which have impact and create value
• Preparing and delivering formal presentations
What we are looking for
- Outstanding academic achievement
- 3-5 years of relevant consulting experience
- Initiative and commitment
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork & leadership
- Fluency in English (fluency in Polish and/or another European language is considered an asset)
- Additional experience in the healthcare or life sciences Industry is appreciated
Who we are looking for
L.E.K. seeks highly motivated, creative, and entrepreneurial candidates with proven experience, who possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, effective interpersonal and communication skills, leadership qualities, and uncompromising ethics.