U.S. PhD Analyst - 2019 - April Start Date
L.E.K. Consulting is a global management consulting firm that uses deep industry expertise and rigorous analysis to help business leaders achieve practical results with real impact. We are uncompromising in our approach to helping clients consistently make better decisions, deliver improved business performance and create greater shareholder returns. The firm advises and supports global companies that are leaders in their industries — including the largest private and public sector organizations, private equity firms and emerging entrepreneurial businesses. Founded more than 30 years ago, L.E.K. employs more than 1,000 professionals across the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe and is recognized as a top consulting firm to work for. For more information, go to www.lek.com
PhD Analyst position
L.E.K. PhD Analysts are ambitious and bright PhDs that are focused in a highly quantitative subject matter (applied mathematics, computer science, engineering or similar) from a leading university. Working alongside senior and junior members of the case team, PhD Analysts apply their unique skills and experiences to projects while receiving top training in strategic business consulting.
As a PhD Analyst, you gain comprehensive training that integrates science, business and economics to prepare you for strategic leadership across all industries. You will not only be a technical expert, but also a business expert, developing cutting-edge strategic and managerial skills that provide a strong foundation for a career at L.E.K.
While casework needs will vary every day, your role will involve:
- Gathering primary and secondary data on markets, competitors, and customers through database and Internet searches, market research and other commercial reports, internal client data, and telephone and in-person interviews.
- Leveraging background and transferring specific knowledge base to the team in order to develop rigorous solutions to client issues.
- Developing rigorous strategic and financial analysis that will be utilized to determine L.E.K.’s recommendation to the client. Examples include developing a spreadsheet model of market growth and competitor share, developing a valuation model for a company or product using discounted cash flow analysis, testing customer sensitivity to product attributes using adaptive conjoint analysis, or determining probability distributions of acquisition value.
- Collaborating with project team members to derive trends, conclusions, and recommendations based upon the analysis. A PhD Analyst must transform what he or she has learned into thoughtful insights regarding the client’s strategic direction.
Why L.E.K. is Different
The role of an L.E.K. PhD Analyst is differentiated from the broader market for a number of reasons:
- Breadth of experience – L.E.K. projects span strategy, M&A and operations with a deep focus on strategy and Life Sciences as L.E.K.’s deepest vertical. PhD Analysts will typically work on ~6-10 projects / year resulting in a stronger foundation across business skills with a breadth of industry exposure
- International Experience – Approximately one-third of L.E.K projects involve an international component, which allows our staff to work on international case teams or, if they choose, to relocate to international offices on a short term basis.
- Upward Mobility – L.E.K. is a meritocracy with an entrepreneurial culture. Promotion paths do not follow a strict timeline; we promote people as fast as they develop.
- Fun, Stimulating Work Environment – There is a greater sense of camaraderie in offices given that L.E.K. teams spend substantially more time in their home office relative to teams at peer firms.
L.E.K. seeks highly motivated, creative, and entrepreneurial candidates who possess outstanding academic achievement, comfort with quantitative analysis, significant professional experiences, notable extracurricular interests, and demonstrated leadership and initiative.
L.E.K Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This opportunity is closed to applications.