Job Title: Data Scientist
Advanced Analytics is a Core Services function that helps case teams succeed with their analytics work, contributes to training consulting staff, and supports Managing Directors with IP, developing commercial proposals and ensuring adequate data capture at the launch of casework.
Advanced Analytics is an important strategic capability for L.E.K. in our quest to support our clients with actionable findings from data. L.E.K. works in verticals like Consumer/Retail, Industrial, and Life Science/Healthcare practices. L.E.K. is a successful global strategy management consulting firm, with a history of rapid growth. To further fuel this expansion we are seeking to grow a thriving data science practice.
The Data Scientist plays a pivotal role in determining viable paths to sound and actionable results from analysis. Across the value chain from inception of client proposals, to capturing and cleaning of data sources, running analyses and presenting findings in a compelling and actionable format, you hold your own. Versatility and flexibility of methods and tools is important, because no two cases will be alike.
As part of a dynamic and growing team, there is every opportunity to carve out value added work, and to grow your skills and experience. You receive state-of-art training in a variety of domains, and lead the organization to adopting new and innovative methods to solve our clients’ hardest questions. You won’t just be a technical expert: you will intersect between data science, statistics and computer science, with business expertise in a variety of domains, financial modeling to determine suitability of recommendations and managerial and influencing skills to provide recommendations to our clients.
- Identifying and flagging potential data sources in support of client needs
- Sourcing, restructuring and cleaning of data to make them amenable to analysis
- Supporting case teams with their analytics work in either a “consultancy/expert” mode, or as part of active case work
- Train and coach L.E.K. staff on the use of our software and proposed statistical and machine learning methods
- Develop proprietary data solutions by matching and merging of proprietary as well as public data sources
- Contribute to commercial proposals, as required by Managing Directors
- Develop templates and training materials to build out L.E.K.’s analytical capabilities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Statistics, Information Systems, Mathematics or Finance preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in applied data science
- Experience doing hands-on, practical casework at an agency, or on the corporate side
- Strong knowledge and experience with a wide variety of tools including SQL, SAS, R, Alteryx and Tableau
- Proficient Excel, PowerPoint presentation and communication skills, both written and oral
- Hands-on experience manipulating and deriving insight from very large datasets using advanced analytic techniques including time-series, regression, cluster analysis, decision trees, etc.
- Comfort with efficient data acquisition and warehousing practices for both structured and unstructured datasets
- Ability to achieve results through others; experience and proven success record working in matrix, agile and fast growing environments; and assertive, intellectually curious and continuously driving towards excellence
L.E.K. Consulting offers competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess eligibility to work in the United States
L.E.K Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer