Information and Research Specialist
The Information & Research Specialist reports to the Director of U.S. Information & Research Centers. This position will support all practices across our six U.S. offices, with special focus on the Healthcare and Industrials practices. This person will assist consulting staff in their ability to quickly locate data and information, thereby contributing to L.E.K. Consulting’s competitive edge. In addition, working in collaboration with the rest of the U.S. Information & Research Center staff, support is given through training, maintenance of internal and external resources, resource assessment and acquisition, research consulting and research assistance.
- Advise the consulting staff on the most likely resources and/or most efficient methods to obtain desired information and data.
- Direct consulting staff in the interpretation and accuracy of secondary research results
- Conduct searches for case teams on various databases
- Train end users in group sessions and one-on-one on a range of databases, both as part of the Information & Research Center team and as a solo trainer
- Assist the Director in the assessment, selection and management of online, electronic and print resources
- Support upper management and client development teams in gathering information for business development purposes
- Contribute content to the Information & Research Centers’ knowledge bases both for the consulting staff’s reference and for within the IRC group.
- Regularly participates in skill development activities both internal and external
- Continually deepens and broadens skill set
- Master’s Degree in Library and/or Information Science or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a corporate information center or similar environment.
- Working knowledge in online search/retrieval techniques in services such as S&P Capital IQ, Pharmaprojects, EvaluatePharma and Factiva.
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team or independently as required.
- The ability to organize work and negotiate workload to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with working with contracts is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communications abilities
- Detail oriented
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess eligibility to work in the United States
L.E.K Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This opportunity is closed to applications.