Career Services Manager
Job title: Career Services Manager
Our Career Services mission is to impact and support the career progression of our current employees and alumni. Career Services serves as a trusted advisor to staff who are discussing and exploring their next career opportunities (full time, secondment, externship, or returning to school.) Reporting to the Director of Talent Development, the Career Services Manager is the architect and owner of the Career Services offering at L.E.K. The Career Services Manager is an integral part of the U.S. HR team, and interacts with all levels of the firm, from Associate to Managing Director, including clients. Our Career Services support is an important strategic priority for our talent development team and the firm, and the Career Services Manager will have opportunity and expectation to make his or her mark on the future of Career Services at L.E.K.
Program Strategic Direction
- Serve as a thought partner to firm leadership to design and lead L.E.K.’s Career Services strategy
- Measure and report out on program progress and success to ensure Career Services is producing results and exceeding expectations of all constituent groups
Career Coaching and Transition Support
- Provide 1:1 career guidance, coaching, and internal outplacement support for consulting staff
- Tactical job search support ranging from self-assessment through negations, including job search strategizing, resume writing support, interview prep and coaching
- Create and implement programs and workshops tailored to meet the specific needs of L.E.K. staff
- Create, cultivate and manage relationships with key members of the recruiting and L.E.K. community (current L.E.K.ers, corporate recruiters, executive search firms, alumni, and clients) to identify job opportunities
- Maintain opportunities and work with staff on short term outplacement at a client (secondment) or with a social impact organization (externship)
- Provide business school application support for staff, including but not limited to organizing panels and admission rep visits, providing 1:1 application support, organizing information sessions, advising on selecting recommenders, etc.
- Manage L.E.K. business school sponsorship program including driving process to review and adjust policy on an annual basis, managing application process and selecting applicants, etc.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with alumni to build engagement and sense of community across L.E.K. lifecycle (between current staff and alumni)
- Coordinate alumni panels / presentations in offices
- Liaise with alumni regarding job opportunities as appropriate
- Undergraduate degree is required. MBA is a plus
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of relevant experience (executive search, recruiting, career services); experience in a professional services environment is a plus
- Experience with / understanding of a wide-range of industries and functions to support strong business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills, likeable, approachable and able to earn trust of staff at all levels of the firm
- Ability to build credibility and implement change across the organization
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and activities at once and flexibility to re-prioritize
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional and demonstrates integrity at all times
- Ability to maintain unwavering confidentiality with all HR information and staff conversations
- A passion for talent strategy, career advising, and people development
Location: Boston. 30% travel required to all L.E.K. U.S. offices (New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco).
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess eligibility to work in the United States
L.E.K. Consulting offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
L.E.K Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer