Senior Associate Consultant, Education Insights
L.E.K. Consulting is a global management consulting firm that uses deep industry expertise and rigorous analysis to help business leaders achieve practical results with real impact. We are uncompromising in our approach to helping clients consistently make better decisions, deliver improved business performance, and create greater shareholder returns. The firm advises and supports companies from around the globe that are leaders in their industries – including the largest private and public sector organizations, private equity firms, and emerging entrepreneurial businesses. Founded almost 35 years ago, L.E.K. employs more than 1,400 professionals across the Americas, Asia-Pacific, and Europe.
For more information, go to www.lek.com.
Education Practice Overview:
The L.E.K. Global Education Practice (GEP) is a specialist international team whose members bring experience in more than 650 education sector engagements across 90+ countries. This dedicated group of 60+ consultants and five partners is based in Singapore and serves a global client base from China to Chile. Our experts bring insights on education businesses, investment opportunities, market dynamics, and impact across segments from K-12, Higher Education to Edtech. GEP leaders bring experience serving CXOs and Boards of some of the world’s largest education businesses and advising on most major deals over $200m since 2010. Our leaders are widely recognized as go-to experts on global education innovation and market dynamics.
This exciting, globally-focused role will manage development of sector-leading research into international education sector trends and innovations. The Senior Associate Consultant, Education Insights will serve an essential function on our high-energy and high-ambition team.
The Senior Associate Consultant, Education Insights will have two main responsibilities, with time split evenly between these:
1) Consulting: Case team participation in projects requiring writing and qualitative analysis
2) Thought leadership: Development of thought leadership and Education insights alongside the senior management team
Taking these in turn:
1) Consulting: The Senior Associate Consultant, Education Insights will play a role on case teams on an ongoing basis, typically undertaking qualitative research and analysis such as developing case studies and conducting innovation scans. Activities will also include gathering primary research through surveys and interviews and deriving insights from research. The Senior Associate Consultant, Education Insights will collaborate with project team members to derive trends, conclusions, and recommendations based upon analysis.
Where the Global Education Practice takes on projects that culminate in a written report, the Senior Associate Consultant, Education Insights will be an integral part of the project delivery team, taking on workstreams (and eventually leading projects) and developing study findings into landmark reports. In the past our team has worked with Development Finance Institutions, Impact Investors, and Foundations on the development of co-branded, published research studies.
2) Thought leadership: This role will be responsible for developing and delivering thought leadership on an ongoing basis, working alongside Partners and other senior team members to develop compelling content and translate data-driven research into clear, concise and effective written and PowerPoint pieces. The written products for the team will include reports, articles, and related thought leadership materials. This material is typically disseminated in the media (e.g. Financial Times, Times Higher Education), at conferences, and circulated to clients and contacts.
The Senior Associate Consultant, Education Insights would play a role from inception to delivery of this material, from storylining through to research and then to writing and production of the finished output.
Examples of prior reports developed by the team are here:
- Report: The Elephant at the Door
- Report: The Private K-12 Opportunity in the Middle East
- Article: Saudi Arabia’s K-12 Market Comes of Age
There may be opportunities for international travel for case work as well as to attend events and promote or discuss thought leadership.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Facility with international business English is essential and written prose should be clear, concise, and commanding
- Structured and logical thinking and problem-solving approach
- Strong facility with numbers and quantitative analysis; ability to interpret and use data to tell a story
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Self-starter who has comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to work independently to deliver end-to-end products
- A high level of professionalism, enthusiasm, and a positive team player
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Word Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from a leading university (international graduates preferred), with excellent academic record (top 15% of graduating class)
- 3-5 years of work experience in a related role
- Track record of written (and preferably published) work
- Previous experience in either a thinktank or in a consulting firm
- Prior education sector experience
- Prior experience living, studying, or working abroad
This opportunity is closed to applications.