Associate - Based in Vietnam
Associate – Based in Vietnam
This role will be based in Vietnam and work with our Singapore & Mumbai offices. This role also offers exposure to multiple industry sectors and a wide variety of commercial challenges. The nature and pace of L.E.K.’s strategic work facilitates the rapid development of a highly analytical skill-set, which is underpinned by a structured training programme. Together, these elements provide exceptional preparation for any future opportunity in graduate school, industry, non-profit organisations or investment firms.
Associates are crucial to the success of L.E.K. project teams. They are responsible for the comprehensive research and analysis that form the basis of each engagement. Under the guidance of senior team members, Associates collect data on markets, competitors and customers, and perform the first stage of in-depth strategic and financial analysis. This enables the team as a whole to evaluate trends, develop conclusions, and prepare practical recommendations. As they gain more experience, Associates are expected to assume a more active managerial role in overseeing the progress of a project and the work of new Associates.
Specific responsibilities of an Associate include:
- Gathering primary data on markets, competitors and customers through database and internet searches, market research and other commercial reports, internal client data, and telephone and in-person interviews, in both English and Vietnamese
- Developing detailed strategic and financial analysis, this will be utilized to determine the recommendations. Examples include: developing a spreadsheet model of market sizes and competitor profitability analysis.
- Working with the case team to derive insights, conclusions and recommendations based on the analyses. An Associate must transform what he or she has learned into a valuable and integral element of the client’s strategic direction.
- Associates will also be actively involved in supporting the client development activities of Partners, through research, analysis and creation of presentation materials, in Vietnamese and English
- Participating in meeting with clients across Southeast Asia in English and Vietnamese
Developing your Skills
Working as an Associate at L.E.K. provides you with the opportunity to gain a comprehensive foundation in decision making. From strategy to finance, marketing to operations, Associates are involved in all aspects of strategic and financial analysis across a diverse set of industries. Our people are exposed to a wider range of industries and types of problems, which means their learning curve develops more rapidly compared to the Consultancy peer group. As a firm of strategy experts, not industry experts, staff are allocated to a wide range of projects. The result is that our professionals are continually exposed to new industries and new challenges. There is no better or faster way to develop strategy consulting and business leadership skills.
International Exchange Programme
L.E.K. operates an international inter-office exchange programme, which gives you the opportunity for international exposure, from individual casework to international office exchanges.
Qualification and Experience requested
We recruit graduates from all degree disciplines. We do not have a rigid checklist of qualities a potential Associate must possess. Rather, our recruiting experience has shown that outstanding academic achievement, comfort with quantitative analysis, notable extracurricular interests and demonstrated leadership and initiative is an excellent base for an Associate with L.E.K. Consulting.
For this particular role, candidate will be based in Vietnam and fluency in English and Vietnamese (spoken and written) is essential. Candidates should be able to demonstrate their motivations for working in Southeast Asia when required.