Systems & Reporting Accountant - APAC
We are looking for a Systems & Reporting Accountant, to join our Finance team based in the Melbourne CBD office.
Reporting to the Finance Manager – Australia and working closely with the CFO - APAC, the Systems and Reporting Accountant will act as the primary financial systems support expert in the Asia-Pacific region with responsibility over implementation, testing and training on ERP, time management software, HRIS software and other reporting systems.
The Systems & Reporting Accountant, in conjunction with other systems accountants across the L.E.K. network, is responsible for the development of the accounting system and related financial processes to meet the changing needs of the firm, and to ensure the finance systems are adequate to support the developing financial reporting requirement and to provide finance systems technical and financial support to the broader finance team.
Case and financial reporting support
- Develop project reporting and various adhoc client reports as required
- Provide reporting support that monitors revenues against actual costs and case budgets / proposals identifying key metrics and efficiently communicating variances on a timely basis
- Assist case managers in understanding accounting and administrative procedures in order to effectively use the available ERP project management software
Assist with the efficient processing of expense transactions posted to the accounting system for cases by ensuring integration between ERP and other operating systems are seamless
- Identify, research and assist in implementing more efficient processes for case cost reporting, billing, and expense monitoring
- Recommend updated policies and procedures applicable to cost accounting and reporting
- Assist and/or leading with special projects relating to the dashboard reporting of case costing and pricing as may be required
- Support and work closely with the IT team and data analytics support team to extract and warehouse data with the possibility for monetisation of data assets
- Ensure CoA and general ledger is processing accurately and efficiently to enable best practice month and year end close
- Support the CFO and Finance Manager to identify, research and select more efficient financial systems to improve accounting processes and procedures
- Assist and/or leading with special projects relating to financial systems upgrades and implementations as may be required
- Lead training and roll out of all new financial systems and upgrades
Month and Year-End Accounting
- Assist in preparation for annual financial audit and client case reviews by providing systems support for the efficient and accurate extraction of accounting data
- Assist/support Financial Accountant with automation of Australian accounts to deliver est practice close
- Document procedures
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets (August-October) by identifying automation and best practice reporting and system upload functionality
- Assist with new ERP / GL, HRIS, Expense management system implementation and testing
- Responsible for daily operation and support of ERP including administration, internal training, and testing
The ideal candidate will hold a qualification in Finance and/or Information Technology, or related discipline, and have at least 5 years of experience in the accounting or finance space. Professional services background is preferable, but not essential. Your strong knowledge of Accounting principles, practices and procedures, and curiosity and interest in performance improvement and project management will see you succeed in this role. In addition, you must be proficient in Excel, have prior experience with an ERP system (SAP preferred), and have time management software and online expense management expertise.
This opportunity is closed to applications.