Consultant / Manager, Technology Practice
L.E.K. is a global strategy consulting firm that works with some of the most sophisticated, innovative, and successful organisations to solve their most critical business problems. L.E.K. has been recognised by the Australian Financial Review as one of the Best Places to Work within Professional Services for 2022. Our focus on creating a meaningful and impactful employee experience has contributed to L.E.K. being a genuinely great place to work.
We are growing our Australian practice and recruiting an experienced strategist to support our continued investment into expanding our services in the Technology sector. This is a great opportunity to help build a growing practice, which has done some extraordinary projects over the past 3 years.
We are interested to hear from strategy consultants with over 5 years of experience, including work within the technology sector. We are also interested in applicants with investment banking or in-house corporate strategy experience within technology companies. Please note: strategy and commercial due diligence experience is essential, this is not an IT transformation / implementation / project management role.
The successful candidate will have the experience required to hit the ground running on pure strategy and commercial due diligence project delivery and be able to actively contribute to business development. Our projects are typically 3-8 weeks in length, providing great exposure and development opportunity. You will have the opportunity to work on project from data centers, telco, software, cloud... with so much work in this space, this person will never be bored! This role can be based out of either Sydney or Melbourne.
What you’ll do
The Consultant role is at the core of our case team structure. As a Consultant, you will work closely with all case team members from Associates to Managers and Partners. Our case team structure provides Consultants with a unique opportunity to manage a team of Associates from day one. You will have primary responsibility for breaking down and analysing the client's strategic issues, developing recommendations and communicating those recommendations.
While casework needs will vary every day, your role will involve:
- Breaking down and outlining the client’s key strategic issues
- Designing and supervising the team’s core research tasks and analyses day-to-day
- Developing presentation and other deliverable structures
- Participating in the communication of project conclusions to client senior management
- Providing guidance, mentorship, and feedback to more junior staff
What we look for
- Ideally 4+ years’ experience in strategy consulting within the technology sector
- Highly motivated, creative, and entrepreneurial individuals with strong commercial acumen
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience managing teams or end to end project management
- Comfort with ambiguity and change
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing and dynamic environment with integrity, patience and a sense of humour
- Willingness to travel
Why join L.E.K.?
- Shorter case cycles– At L.E.K. you’ll develop rapidly due to our cases typically being shorter than other firms. This means exposure to more clients, strategic issues, industries and teams and maximum learning.
- Breadth of experience – We work across a range of industries, on a variety of Strategy, Transactions and Organisation and Performance cases.
- Professional development – L.E.K. is committed to investing in your development and one way of doing this is through our Back to the Office Day (BTTOD). One day every month is dedicated to learning and development, with each cohort having a curated curriculum every year.
- Upward Mobility– L.E.K. is a meritocracy with an entrepreneurial culture and frequent feedback. Promotion paths do not follow a strict timeline; we promote people as quickly as they develop
- Collaboration– Extensive collaboration with senior clients and the opportunity to work closely with partners on a day-to-day basis creates ongoing learning opportunities for L.E.K. Consultants.
- Flexible & Remote working - we understand everyone has unique needs to achieve work-life harmony, and that is why, at L.E.K., we encourage and support our staff with a range of flexible working arrangements that are tailored at the individual level.
- Fun, stimulating work environment– L.E.K. teams spend substantially more time in their home office relative to other consulting firms, and we pride ourselves on a vibrant social culture facilitated through our various committees including Pride@L.E.K., Women in Business, Community Engagement Committee, Ministry of Fun, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee and more.
Diversity and inclusion at L.E.K.:
L.E.K. Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We appreciate the value of a diverse and inclusive workforce and are committed to a culture that is inclusive and accepting of all people. Above all, we are committed to ensuring that all employees are treated with respect and dignity.
We have several affinity groups to support and enrich our employees, including Pride@LEK, Mosaic@LEK and Women@LEK. In addition, our Diversity and Inclusion committee celebrate events throughout the year with a focus on awareness and education.
L.E.K. acknowledge the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the traditional custodians of the land upon which we operate. We pay our respects to the Elders of the past, present and future and acknowledge their spiritual connection to Country.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and must include a CV, cover letter and academic transcripts to be considered.
** Full Australian working rights are required for this role **