Associate (Graduate) - 2024
Associate (Graduate) - 2024
L.E.K. was recognised by the Australian Financial Review as one of the Best Places to Work within Professional Services for 2022! Our focus on creating a meaningful and impactful employee experience has contributed to L.E.K. being a genuinely great place to work.
As a global strategy consulting firm, we work with some of the most innovative, and successful organisations to solve their most critical business problems. Founded in London in 1983, we have approximately 2000 people across 21 offices around the world. Our Australian practice is rapidly growing, and we are looking for motivated and curious final-year students to join our high-performing teams in Melbourne and Sydney in 2024.
The Associate role:
The Associate role is a focal point of the project team. You will be responsible for the research and analysis upon which each client engagement is based. Case work may include developing a view of a future market, developing a valuation model for a company, or helping implement change on a transformation project. You will work across a variety of industries and be exposed to many different business operations.
Why join L.E.K.?
- Shorter case cycles – At L.E.K. you’ll develop rapidly due to our cases typically being shorter than other firms. This means exposure to more clients, strategic issues, industries and teams and maximum learning.
- Breadth of experience – We work across a range of industries, on a variety of Strategy, Transactions and Organisation and Performance cases.
- Professional development – L.E.K. is committed to investing in your development and one way of doing this is through our Back to the Office Day (BTTOD). One day every month is dedicated to learning and development, with each cohort having a curated curriculum every year.
- Upward Mobility – L.E.K. is a meritocracy with an entrepreneurial culture and frequent feedback. Promotion paths do not follow a strict timeline; we promote people as quickly as they develop.
- Collaboration – Work closely with Partners and senior clients on a day-to-day basis, resulting in ongoing and rapid learning opportunities.
- Fun, stimulating work environment – L.E.K. teams spend substantially more time in their home office relative to other consulting firms, and we pride ourselves on a vibrant social culture facilitated through our various committees including Ministry of Fun, Pride@L.E.K., Women in Business, Community Engagement Committee, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee and more.
What we look for:
We are open to a range of backgrounds and recruit graduates from all degree disciplines. In addition to academic achievement, we are looking for those who have:
- A sense of intellectual curiosity that will inspire you to develop a deep understanding of any client situation, and to generate innovative answers to complex questions
- The ability to think in logical, structured ways, together with the creativity to look beyond the obvious
- The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork
- Comfort with ambiguity and change
- Integrity, patience and a great sense of humour
Our Associate (Graduate) role is tailored to final-year university students, or those who have up to two years professional experience post-university.
Diversity and inclusion at L.E.K.:
L.E.K. Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We appreciate the value of a diverse and inclusive workforce and are committed to a culture that is inclusive and accepting of all people. Above all, we are committed to ensuring that all employees are treated with respect and dignity.
We have several affinity groups to support and enrich our employees, including Pride@LEK, Mosaic@LEK and Women@LEK. In addition, our Diversity and Inclusion committee celebrate events throughout the year with a focus on awareness and education.
L.E.K. acknowledge the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the traditional custodians of the land upon which we operate. We pay our respects to the Elders of the past, present and future and acknowledge their spiritual connection to Country.
The Recruitment Process:
Applications close 3 March 2023. Please note, applications will only be considered if they meet all of the below requirements:
- Resume: 1-2 pages (PDF format only)
- Cover letter: addressed to Simone Weston, Chief Talent Officer (PDF format only)
- Academic transcripts for all university degrees
To apply for the Associate role, you must have Australian / New Zealand citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency.
If you have any questions, please contact Aus_Talent@lek.com
This opportunity is closed to applications.