L.E.K. is a global strategy consulting firm with offices across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific. We counsel our clients on their key strategic issues, leveraging our deep industry expertise and using analytical rigor to help them make informed decisions more quickly and solve their toughest and most critical business problems.
L.E.K has 19 offices around the globe with over 1600 staff. In Australia, our offices are based in Sydney and Melbourne with approximately 100 staff and 17 Partners.
When you join L.E.K., you’ll enjoy all the benefits of a large, multinational organisation along with the advantages of being part of a close team working in an approachable, collaborative and supportive environment. You’ll be surrounded by highly motivated, high-achieving professionals who strive to have a transformational impact every day.
Consultants have a high level of responsibility in guiding and managing the case team and working closely with clients to ensure the effective implementation of recommendations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identifying the critical issues – Consultants work with Partners and Managers to outline the client’s key business issues that need resolution. L.E.K. Consultants develop the business acumen necessary to quickly identify key client issues early in their career.
- Structuring analyses – Once the key issues have been identified, the Consultant typically forms a plan to find the answers to these critical questions. The Consultant will lay out the strategy to the team for finding the information, for instance market growth drivers, competitive profiling, or broad market trends.
- Managing the team’s day-to-day activities – L.E.K. hires two Associates for every one Consultant, implying that the management of less experienced colleagues is as much a part of the Consultant role as solving business issues. A significant responsibility of L.E.K. Consultants is the guidance and mentorship of Associates on a day-to-day basis.
- Solving the case – Our clients expect high quality, actionable answers to their business problems. L.E.K. Consultants ensure the team is on-track to accurately solve the problem and deliver an answer. Consultants supervise analyses, develop the structure for the final output, provide quality control, and in most cases, participate in the delivery of the case conclusion to the client’s senior management team.
- Turning strategy into action: L.E.K. Consultants work closely with senior members of the client organisation to ensure that the strategies are actioned, and the impact realised. The Consultant role typically involves facilitating workshops to reach consensus on the approach, the development and rollout of tools to track progress against the key steps and milestones and working collaboratively with the client to ensure successful implementation of the strategic initiatives.
The role of an L.E.K. Consultant is differentiated from the broader market in a number of ways:
- Immediate Management Responsibility – L.E.K. case team structure allows new Consultants the opportunity to manage Associates from day one.
- Upward Mobility – L.E.K. is a meritocracy with a young, entrepreneurial culture. Professionals are promoted commensurate with their capabilities and contribution.
- International Experience – Approximately one-third of L.E.K. projects involve an international component, which allows Consultants to work in international case teams or, if they choose, to relocate to international offices on either a temporary or a full-time basis.
- Fun, Stimulating Work Environment – The average age of our professional staff is 29, and a strong spirit of camaraderie and collaboration exists among all levels.
- Exposure – As generalists, L.E.K. Consultants get the opportunity to work across a range of different industries, on a variety of strategy, transaction advice and strategy activation cases.
- Collaboration – Extensive collaboration with senior clients and the opportunity to work closely with partners on a day to day basis creates ongoing learning opportunities for L.E.K. Consultants.
Qualifications and Experience
L.E.K. seeks highly motivated, creative, and entrepreneurial candidates who possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, effective interpersonal and communication skills, leadership qualities, and uncompromising ethics.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- 5-7 year’s experience in management consulting is essential
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and willingness to travel
- Excellent written, analytical and verbal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing and dynamic environment with integrity, patience and a sense of humour
We are seeking experienced management consultants to join our team and hit the ground running, so please only apply if you have the relevant experience.