Munich Office - Life Science Specialist
L.E.K. Consulting is a global strategy consulting firm that uses deep industry expertise and rigorous analysis to help business leaders achieve practical results with real impact. We are uncompromising in our approach to helping our clients to consistently make better strategic decisions, deliver improved business performance and create greater shareholder value.
The firm advises and supports global companies that are leaders in their industries – including the largest private and public sector organizations, private equity firms and emerging entrepreneurial businesses. We specialise in addressing key strategic and operational issues and in providing Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) support.
We are experts across a wide range of sectors, including life sciences and healthcare, retail and consumer, financial services, industrials, energy and transportation.
Founded in London in 1983, L.E.K. employs more than 1,400 professionals across Europe, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
Life Science Specialist
Life Sciences is one of our largest practice areas. Across our offices in London, Munich and Paris, our European Life Sciences practice is growing fast, making this an exciting place to start your career
Our team members are dedicated to Life Science projects, with a significant proportion having a technical background. If you have a PhD or MD, you can form a vital part of our team in the role of Life Sciences Specialist (LSS). This dedicated pathway:
• recognises the scientific, medical and technical expertise that you bring to projects from day one
• allows you to dedicate yourself to an industry with which you are already familiar and for which you have a passion
• is a platform for you to build on your technical skills while learning new commercial capabilities
• provides you with an opportunity to follow an accelerated career path
What you will do
As an LSS, you will contribute to projects in many ways:
• Solve: build on medical and scientific findings of the team to contribute to the overall case-solving process and to answer the client’s key questions
• Research: conduct critical primary and secondary research to influence client recommendations, e.g. interview scientific experts and key opinion leaders, review medical literature
• Analyse: conduct quantitative analysis, undertake database manipulation, build sophisticated financial models and interpret complex data
• Communicate: translate scientific and medical data and concepts to advise business strategy
• Manage: from early on, get first-hand experience of managing Associate team members
Applicants stating 'fluency' in a language will have this assessed during the recruitment process. Please note that fluency in both German and English is a requirement for working at L.E.K. Munich.
Please ensure that you include a cover letter, CV and all relevant grades and references in your application.