Manager, Technology Practice
L.E.K. is a global strategy consulting firm that works with some of the most sophisticated, innovative, and successful organisations to solve their most critical business problems. L.E.K. has been recognised by the Australian Financial Review as one of the Best Places to Work within Professional Services for 2022. Our focus on creating a meaningful and impactful employee experience has contributed to L.E.K. being a genuinely great place to work.
We are growing our Australian practice and recruiting an experienced Manager to support our continued investment into expanding our services in the Technology sector. This is a great opportunity to help build a growing practice, which has done some extraordinary projects over the past 3 years. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects within data centers, telco, software, cloud and more... With so much work in this space, this person will never be bored! Our projects are typically 3-8 weeks in length, providing great exposure and development opportunity. This role can be based out of either Sydney or Melbourne.
We are looking for a senior leader with over 6 years of strategy consulting experience, ideally with some experience in the technology sector, or otherwise a strong interest in specialising within this space. We are also interested in applicants from in-house corporate strategy within technology firms who have prior consulting experience. The successful candidate will have the experience required to hit the ground running on pure strategy and commercial due diligence project delivery and be able to contribute to business development. (Please note, this is not a tech transformation / implementation / project management role - experience in pre-deal M&A advisory is essential).
What you’ll do
As a Manager, you will lead multiple case teams, maintain deep, long-term relationships with clients, and develop expertise in particular industries or sectors. You will have primary responsibility for case execution, practice development and client & business development. While each day will vary, you will:
- Provide intellectual leadership and generate insightful hypotheses that frame both team and client thinking in order to “crack” cases
- Work hand-in-hand with clients, converting case findings/recommendations into implementable solutions
- Manage client relationships, identify opportunities for conversion and build lasting relationships
- As team manager, coach and role model, achieve great results via others, develop a wide range of people and contribute to the well-being and morale of local office
- Align with and contribute to firm/practice/office ambitions, plans and health, e.g. drive change initiatives internally
What we look for
- 6+ years’ experience in management consulting (corporate strategy and M&A)
- Strong interest in the technology sector and passion for building this growing practice
- Highly motivated, creative, and entrepreneurial individuals with strong commercial acumen
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience managing teams or end to end project management
- Comfort with ambiguity and change
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing and dynamic environment with integrity, patience and a sense of humour
- Willingness to travel
What sets L.E.K. apart?
The role of an L.E.K. Manager is differentiated from the broader market by:
- International Experience – Approximately one-third of L.E.K. projects involve an international component, which allows Managers to work in international case teams or, if they choose, to relocate to international offices on either a temporary or a full-time basis.
- Flexible & Remote working – we understand that everyone has unique needs to achieve work-life harmony, and that is why, at L.E.K., we encourage and support our staff with a range of flexible working arrangements that are tailored at the individual level.
- Upward Mobility – L.E.K. is a meritocracy with a young and entrepreneurial culture, which means professionals are promoted commensurate with their capabilities and contribution.
- Limited Travel – opportunities are available across Australia
Diversity and inclusion at L.E.K.:
L.E.K. Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We appreciate the value of a diverse and inclusive workforce and are committed to a culture that is inclusive and accepting of all people. Above all, we are committed to ensuring that all employees are treated with respect and dignity.
We have several affinity groups to support and enrich our employees, including Pride@LEK, Mosaic@LEK and Women@LEK. In addition, our Diversity and Inclusion committee celebrate events throughout the year with a focus on awareness and education.
L.E.K. acknowledge the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the traditional custodians of the land upon which we operate. We pay our respects to the Elders of the past, present and future and acknowledge their spiritual connection to Country.
Applications must include a CV, cover letter and academic transcripts to be considered.